Rinnai Hotflo Hot Water Heat Pump
Designed for homeowners that want to significantly reduce running costs while minimising their carbon footprint.
Key benefits and features:
• Retrofit to virtually any brand of electric hot water cylinder
• Installation is simple and usually takes less than one day
• Reduce your carbon footprint with reduced energy consumption
• External domestic applications
• Connection to mains pressure hot water cylinders
• NZ geographical zones 1 and 2 only, refer map below
While the Hotflo Hot Water Heat Pump will operate at temperatures ranging between -7 °C to 45 °C, output and efficiency will reduce at lower temperatures. For example:
- With an outside air temperature of 20 °C, the Hotflo Hot Water Heat Pump delivers 3 kW of heat output for every 1 kW used, making it 300% efficient
- With an outside air temperature of 10 °C, the Hotflo Hot Water Heat Pump delivers 2.6 kW for every 1 kW used, making it 260% efficient
Not suitable as a spa or swimming pool heater.
Not suitable for certain water chemistries. Examples of water quality issues where the water may need to be treated prior to using a Hoflo Hot Water Heat Pump are:
• Hard water areas such as in Wanganui
• Aggressive water areas such as in Christchurch
• Bore water areas where the water may be hard and/or aggressive
Geothermal hot spots
The Rinnai Hotflo Hot Water Heat Pump is not warranted against corrosion in geothermal hotspot areas such as Rotorua, where high levels of suplhur dioxide are present in the atmosphere.
Distance between the heat pump and storage tank
If the heat pump and storage tank are more than 5 m apart an R5043 adjustable flow restrictor must be purchased as a separate item to complete installation.
|Rated Input||1.9 kW|
|Max. Energy Output||6.0 kW
This is the maximum possible from the unit and should be used to ensure the tank TPR valve is suitably sized.
|Max. Water Pressure||850 kPa|
|Refrigerant Type/Mass||R134A/750 g|
|Refrigerant Pressure||High 2.7 MPa, Low 1.0 MPa|
|Refrigerant Compressor Oil||Type: Neo 32, quantity: 520 ml|
|Noise Level||Fan approx. 55 dB(A)|
|Net Weight||60 kg|
|Power Supply||240 V, 50 Hz|
|Start Up Protection||When the power is first turned on to the heat pump, or when the power is cut, then retsored, the unit will not start for three minutes. This is to protect the condenser.|
|Ambient Temperature Operating Range||-7 to 45 °C
When the ambient temperature is below 2 °C the tank temperature achieved may be lower. When the ambient temperature is high, the air supply fan will run at a lower speed.
|Defrosting Function||The heat pump has protection systems that will stop the operation of the unit if; the air inlet/outlet is blocked, voltage is out of nominal range (207-255 V), over pressure, or over temperature in the refrigerant system.|
|Market Release||October 2011|