Rinnai Flue Diverter - Upwards
The Rinnai Infinity Upwards Flue Diverter is an accessory that can be fitted to an external Rinnai continuous flow water heater installed on balconies, patios or similarly enclosed areas. It is designed to expel combustion products in a upwards direction out of an enclosed area where an Infinity may not have been installed otherwise.
Model selection is based on the Infinity unit, refer to the 'Suitable for tab' for further details.
Specific applications where an upwards flue diverter will be useful:
- Noise reduction, in particular with larger Infinity models where the unit is positioned close to a neighbouring property
- Where there may be an obstruction such as a tree, fence, wall or other structure, that even though the Infinity is installed with the required clearances, will perform more efficiently if the flue gases are cleared upwards and away from the obstruction
- Installations where there are multiple units installed that are positioned facing each other—the potential for the unit to 'suffocate' as a result of flue gases from opposing units is minimised as the flue gases are expelled upwards
Price will vary according to Infinity model it needs to be attached to $51, $62 or $93.
- Externally mounted Rinnai Infinity continuous flow water heaters NOT installed in a recess box
- Balconies, patios or other enclosed areas where all flue products are expelled FREELY into an above open-air situation with natural ventilation, without stagnant areas where products of combustions are rapidly dispersed by wind and natural convection
Rinnai upwards flue diverters fit the following Rinnai continuous water heater models:
• FDU16 = Rinnai Infinity external VT16 and XR16*
• FDU20 = Rinnai Infinity external VT20, XR18*, XR20*, XR20 Plus*, Solar 20*
• FDU24 = Rinnai Infinity external VT24-VT26, XR24*, XR26*, XR26 Plus*, Solar 24*, HD200
• FDU32 = Rinnai Infinity external XR32* and HD250
* older models that are no longer sold