FAQ's - Water Heating
- There are so many similar products around, what does Rinnai provide that the others don't?
We can’t say with our hand on our heart than we’re better than anyone else but we can say:
- As the world’s largest gas appliance manufacturer, Rinnai is widely regarded as the industry leader.
- Rinnai products are known throughout the world for their superior quality, safety, technology and sophisticated control systems, all factories are ISO 9001 and/or ISO 14001 certified.
- We have an established 30 year history in New Zealand.
- I'm not really clear on any option and it's getting all bit too confusing, what should I do?
We realise there's a lot of information out there. Water heating is important and it's better to spend the time up front deciding on what you need and what's important. We have an experienced customer service team that can walk you through the process. For more those more complicated projects we also have a free specification service.
Give us a call: 0800 RINNAI ( 0800 746 624 )
- What is the difference between a Rinnai Efficiency and a Rinnai Infinity?
They are both continuous flow water heaters but the Rinnai Efficiency is the latest generation of water heaters and has a higher efficiency of 95% compared to 81% of the Rinnai Infinity. The Rinnai Infinity only has one heat exchanger whereas the Rinnai Efficiency has two heat exchangers to extract has much heat as possible—hence the name Efficiency.
- For continuous flow units you promote the use of remote controllers, why?
Digital controllers allow you to select the exact temperature of the hot water at the outlet. This has a number of benefits:
- Safety, especially if you have young children, the hot water can be pre-set to a child-safe level
- No need to mix hot and cold water, this reduces the affect of temperature spiking when another tap in the building is turned on
- You use your continuous flow unit more efficiently as less gas is required to heat water to 40 °C (typical shower temperature) than at 55 °C (default temperature without controllers)
- Highlights any problems (disruption in gas supply etc.) by displaying error codes on the controller
- I’m trying to factor costs and then compare what’s best. I can find out the cost of the different products but what about installation costs?
Installation costs are difficult to provide as every installation is different. Factors such as pipe runs, whether you have accessories fitted, how far away you live, having an internal or external unit all play a part in the overall cost.
If you’re interested in a Rinnai hot water heating solution, we highly recommend you get an installer to come on site and provide a quote. Call our customer service team (0800 746 624) and they can provide options for installers in your area.